Jason Gaudy Meeting With Clients

Reasons You May Need to Amend a Living Trust

  • Marriage or Divorce

  • Birth or Death of a Child

  • Change in Desired Beneficiaries

  • You Make a Large Purchase

  • Change in Desired Trustee

  • Change in Asset Distribution Instructions

Trust Amendment

Useful when you have an existing living trust that needs updating.

A Trust Amendment is a document that changes specific parts of your Revocable Living Trust but leaves all of the other provisions unchanged. A Restatement of Trust completely replaces and supersedes all of the provisions of the original trust; the name and date of your trust will stay the same, but everything else is replaced by the terms of the restatement.

If you need to make minor changes to your Revocable Trust—such as adding specific gifts, changing your successor Trustee, or updating a beneficiary’s legal name—then a simple Amendment will suffice. On the other hand, if you want to make substantial changes—like adding a new spouse as a beneficiary or altering distributions—then you might need a complete Restatement.

Depending on your individual needs and goals, we are here to help you with these changes. Call us today.

Serving Your Friends, Family, and Neighbors for Years

  • Los Angeles County: (213) 513-6691
  • Riverside County: (951-338-6198)
  • San Bernardino County: (909) 442-4729
    • Upland
    • San Bernardino
    • Ontario
    • Fontana
    • Redlands
    • Rancho Cucamonga
    • Victorville
    • Rialto
    • Chino Hills
    • And more!
Tree at Gaudy Law Office in Upland California

Reach out. We’re here to help.

You shouldn’t have to work through difficult legal needs on your own (or break the bank on unhelpful lawyers). Our team is ready to assist you. Just like we’ve helped thousands of others.

Gaudy Law Inc.

Powered By Google

I’m Interested!

Get Trust Amendment assistance from a dedicated team of experts.

Services Consultation Form

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.

Or Give us a Call (909) 982-3199