Gaudy Law Mark

Gaudy Law



Woman meeting with attorneys in Upland California

Free Consultation with A Lawyer

Free Consultation
What should I do if my child is married to somebody who I don’t want receiving anything from the trust?

As a father of young children, I do not know what this like but because of what I do, I commonly see this situation as often as once a week.

Let’s say Susie is married to this guy and he has a gambling habit or something similar and he needs 50 grand. Susie’s parents’ are going to be really scared that he’s going to receive property, or that she is going to receive property and it’s going to go right over to him. Because of this, we have ways of guarding against that.

It’s unfortunate that it is something we’ve had to become very good at.

  • Does transferring a property into a living trust protect me from creditors or lawsuits?

    Unfortunately, transferring a property to a living trust does not protect you. One of the advantages of a living trust is that you can change it. The reason you can […]

    Continue reading
  • Can I do my estate planning through LegalZoom?

    What is the difference between me handling things myself using LegalZoom vs. coming here and working with you? As a person who is a do-it-yourselfer, I understand the urgent desire […]

    Continue reading
  • Should I discuss with my children how they fit into my trust?

    Should I have conversations with the people that I am planning to put into my trust? It usually comes down to children and many people completing this process are doing […]

    Continue reading

View all Resources

View All Resources