Gaudy Law Mark

Gaudy Law



Woman meeting with attorneys in Upland California

Free Consultation with A Lawyer

Free Consultation
Now that my trust is in place, what do I do with things like

I will tell you what I do with my car, and that is nothing. Technically, anything you own should be owned by the trust. This means going to the DMV and making a transfer for any type of vehicle including a boat, RV, or ATV. But I think that is a waste of time.

The DMV has a process. 40 days after someone dies you can transfer that without any paperwork at all. This can be done through Auto Club and then go to AAA.

If there is going to be a dispute, then you might want to put that in the trust. But this would be discussed in advance.

My standard advice is not to worry about it.

  • Does transferring a property into a living trust protect me from creditors or lawsuits?

    Unfortunately, transferring a property to a living trust does not protect you. One of the advantages of a living trust is that you can change it. The reason you can […]

    Continue reading
  • Can I do my estate planning through LegalZoom?

    What is the difference between me handling things myself using LegalZoom vs. coming here and working with you? As a person who is a do-it-yourselfer, I understand the urgent desire […]

    Continue reading
  • Should I discuss with my children how they fit into my trust?

    Should I have conversations with the people that I am planning to put into my trust? It usually comes down to children and many people completing this process are doing […]

    Continue reading

View all Resources

View All Resources